WORKERS PARTY OF MASSACHUSETTS
WORKERS PARTY NEWS AND EVENTS - JANUARY 30
Tuesday, January 31 7:00 PM
Workers Party Discussion with The Virginia Worker
Zoom link here: bit.ly/WorkersPartyMA
Thursday, February 2 7:00 PM
Workers Party South of Boston Local Organizing Meeting
Weymouth Tufts Library - Meeting Room 232
46 Broad St. Weymouth MA 02188
The next meeting of the Workers Party of Massachusetts South of Boston Local will be on Thursday, February 2 at 7:00 PM at the Tufts Library in Weymouth Landing (meeting room 232 upstairs to the left).
Tuesday, February 28 7:00 PM
Workers Party Political Education Series - Reform or Revolution/Social Democracy and the Fight Against Revisionism
Thomas Crane Public Library - 1st Floor Conference Room
40 Washington St. Quincy Center
The Workers Party of Massachusetts will be hosting a discussion on the pamphlet Reform or Revolution by Rosa Luxemburg and the fight against revisionism in the Social Democratic Party of Germany as they grew as the model socialist party in the late 1800s/early 1900s.
We will be talking about the political relevance of this text and political struggles within the Social Democratic Party to draw lessons for members of the working class currently seeking to organize themselves into a political force capable of overthrowing capitalism.
There will be a brief presentation of the main points of Reform or Revolution (https://www.marxists.org/.../luxe.../1900/reform-revolution/) and the history of the rise of the Social Democratic Party of Germany.
All members and supporters of the Workers Party are welcome to attend as well as anyone else interested in socialism and working class liberation. Please get in touch with any questions at: [email protected]
Facebook event link: https://fb.me/e/2gV2Ux4lA
Workers Party of Massachusetts 2023 Convention
Saturday April 8, 2023 10:00 AM-4:00 PM in Worcester
The Workers Party of Massachusetts is holding our 2023 statewide party convention on Saturday, April 9 at WorcLab in Worcester MA. At this convention we will-
- Review our electoral work in 2022 and prepare a schedule for our participation in the 2024 elections.
- Develop our mass movement work and strengthen the various issue-oriented committees within the party
- Update the language of our political program and demands to reflect the current state of the movement.
- Amend our party constitution to restructure our statewide representative bodies to correspond to our needs as a growing organization.
- Facilitate the formation and growth of Workers Party Locals in working class communities across Massachusetts.
- Discuss and vote on proposals, resolutions, and position papers submitted by party members.
This convention will be an opportunity for all Workers Party members to get more involved in building and expanding an independent socialist working class political party in Massachusetts. All party members are encouraged to attend the convention and join in the discussion process leading up to it. Our Convention Organizing Committee will be reaching out to members and supporters, holding weekly planning meetings, compiling bulletins of convention-related documents, and working to ensure broad participation in this decision-making event.
Below are several suggested ways to participate in the Workers Party Convention and discussion process.
- Fill out the 2023 Workers Party of Massachusetts Membership Census to confirm that you are an active party member.
- Register to attend the conference on April 9 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at WorcLab in Worcester, MA.
Help organize the conference. The Convention Organizing Committee will be meeting weekly to plan all aspects of the convention. Please email [email protected] to get involved.
- Contribute to the discussion by submitting resolutions, position papers or proposals for changes to the program and constitution.
- Donate to the Workers Party Political Action Committee to support our ongoing political work.
- Register to vote with the Workers Party political designation.
Contact the Workers Party of Massachusetts to get involved or for more information: