Workers Party of Massachusetts 2024 Convention
April 20, 2024 - WorcLab in Worcester
The Workers Party of Massachusetts is holding our 2024 statewide party convention on April 20 in Worcester MA. At this convention we will-
- Review our political work since the 2023 Workers Party Convention, assess our signature gathering efforts for our state legislature candidates, prepare for our participation in the 2024 elections, and develop an overall political plan of action for the next year.
- Develop our mass movement work and strengthen our working groups within the party.
- Update the language of our political program and demands to reflect the current state of the movement with special attention paid to international questions.
- Vote on any proposed changes to our party constitution.
- Facilitate the formation and growth of Workers Party Locals in working class communities across Massachusetts.
- Discuss and vote on any other proposals, resolutions, and position papers submitted by party members.
- Hold elections for our statewide leadership bodies.
This convention will be an opportunity for all Workers Party members to get more involved in building and expanding an independent socialist working class political party in Massachusetts. All party members are encouraged to attend the convention and join in the discussion process leading up to it. Our Convention Organizing Committee will be reaching out to members and supporters, holding weekly planning meetings, compiling bulletins of convention-related documents, and working to ensure broad participation in this decision-making event.
Below are several suggested ways to participate in the Workers Party Convention and discussion process.
- Fill out the Workers Party of Massachusetts Membership Form to confirm that you are an active party member and that we have your correct contact information.
- Register to attend the conference.
Help organize the conference. The Convention Organizing Committee will be meeting regularly to plan all aspects of the convention. Please email [email protected] to get involved.
- Contribute to the discussion by submitting resolutions, position papers or proposals for changes to the program and constitution.
- Donate to the Workers Party Political Action Committee to support our ongoing political work.
- Register to vote with the Workers Party political designation.
Contact the Workers Party of Massachusetts to get involved or for more information:
WorkersPartyMA.org [email protected] (617)297-7239